Environmental Sustainability Commission
- 6:00 pm
- Third Monday of each month
- City Manager's Conference Room
8130 Allison Ave.
La Mesa, CA 91942
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings and minutes are available following approval.
Agendas and Minutes
|Bradon Hoover (4)||June 30, 2019|
|Greg Trigeiro (3)||June 30, 2019|
|Robin Rivet (2)||June 30, 2019|
|Scott Kidwell (1)||June 30, 2020|
|L. Stephen Guiland (2)||June 30, 2020|
|Maria Hesse (1)||June 30, 2020|
|James Stone (2)||June 30, 2017|
|Steve Babbitt (La Mesa-Spring Valley School District)|
|Lisa Stoia (Helix Water District)|
|Maggie Eggers (EDCO Disposal Corporation)|
|Don Parent (San Diego Gas & Electric)|
|Debi Byrd (Helix Charter High School)|
- General populous
- Professional experience
The commission consists of 12 members appointed by the mayor with the approval of the City Council. Seven of the members shall be residents of the City of La Mesa and be comprised as follows:
- Two members from the general populous
- Three members with professional experience related to environmental sustainability
- One member representing the senior adult population (at the time of appointment shall be not less than fifty-five years of age)
- One member representing the youth population (at the time of appointment shall be not more than 21 years of age)
The remaining five members are from the business community and shall be representatives from the city's water utility, franchise waste and recycling hauler, electricity and gas utility, high school, and elementary/middle school district. These five members shall not be required to be residents of the city, but shall act as advisory members on the commission and shall not be entitled to vote.
Members are subject to the city's Conflict of Interest Code. Terms are for four years and members serve without compensation.
- Serves as an advisory body to the City Council on how actions and policies of the city may preserve and enhance the quality of La Mesa's environment
- Addresses the effects of climate change and assists in the identification of measures that will improve environmental sustainability in La Mesa and the region