Parking lots at MacArthur Park, La Mesita Park, Harry Griffen Park, and Collier Park will partially be open starting May 22. The parks are open (except Sunset Park) as long as people do not gather in groups and are able to maintain social/physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- All playgrounds and the fitness plaza are closed
- Athletic fields are closed
- Tennis courts and Pickleball courts are closed at La Mesita Park and Collier Park
- Basketball courts are closed at MacArthur Park and Sunset Park
All park permits have been cancelled through June 30, 2020.
Please check back for the latest information.
- Parks are open 6:00 am to 10:00 pm, except for Harry Griffen Park and MacArthur Park which open at 7:00 am and close one hour after dusk.
- No overnight parking or camping in any park (Municipal Code sections 9.08.140 and 9.08.153.)
- See Park Policies for more information
- All parks are smoke-free environments. No smoking or vaping allowed.
- A Park Permit is required for groups of 25 or more, and for special use such as astrojumps.
- Approved Bounce House Vendor list
- Approved On-Site Cooking Vendor list
- Reservable picnic areas are available at Aztec Park, Harry Griffen Park, La Mesita Park , Northmont Park and Vista La Mesa Park.
- A Commercial Use of Public Recreational Property Permit is required for all commercial operators conducting business in City parks - Commercial Use Policy & Permit Application
- No alcoholic beverages without special permit. Alcoholic Beverage Policy Procedure and Permit
- Dogs must remain on leash except at the off-leash dog run located in Harry Griffen Park.
Regional Recreational Facilities
- County Parks
- Lake Murray is a very popular regional facility for La Mesa residents and visitors to relax or exercise
- Mission Trails Park is one of the largest regional urban parks in the United States
La Mesa Park and Recreation Foundation
Visit our non-profit partner, the La Mesa Park and Recreation Foundation.